Monday, August 23, 2010

Quiet Time...


A short time after they've FINALLY fallen asleep, I sometimes whisper in their ears, "The world is yours, my Suns. Make with it what you wish."

Why? Because I know that right now, their wishes are pure and true. At this time, the house is usually silent and cool. Three serene faces slumber with jaws slack. Limbs splayed every which way. Superhero comforters askew with stray toes peeking through. Their breathing is relaxed and rhythmic. A silent lullaby.

And now, for me, nothing else exists. This is my yoga. Inhale, exhale, breathe. As I leave their room to seek a peaceful sleep for me, I am compelled to whisper into the air, "Thank you..."

6 comments:

Talibah said...

This is so lovely! Thank you!

Ninah said...

Thank you, sweet woman!

Earth Mother Guidance said...

I really needed this right at this moment. Thank you.

Ninah said...

Hotep, sis!

Juisee Da' Queen said...

This is lovely sis a wonderful expression of love for my nephews... Great wordplay. You should be a writerQ

Reggie said...

Very nice.